Cutting the sugar on traditional dishes…
- 12 oz Cranberries
- 1 cup Powdered erythritol* or monk fruit (can also use 1/2 a cup of each)
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Orange zest (add more if you like more orange flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL – 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Combine the cranberries, water, erythritol, and orange zest (and optional cinnamon) in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the cranberries pop and a sauce forms.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
* if you don’t use the Powdered erythritol, the erythritol will crystallize when is is cooled. Not necessarily a bad thing, but just be aware that it will do this.